Frequently Asked Questions
- Do car supermarkets only sell nearly new cars?
- How is Motorpoint able to sell its cars so cheaply?
- Is there always a good selection of cars available at Motorpoint?
- Do you do HPI Checks on all vehicles?
- Do you take part-exchanges?
- Do all Motorpoint cars have a pre-delivery inspection?
- What documentation is required for a part-exchange?
- What should I do if I have lost my V5?
- Do I need to pay a deposit?
- Do you tax vehicles?
- Will I need to pay a registration fee for a new car?
- What will I need to bring with me when I collect my new car?
- What do I do if I have a problem with my car after I’ve bought it?
- Aviva Driveaway Insurance:
- Can I test drive a car?
- Do all cars come with a warranty?
- What is Motorpoint Same Day Driveaway?
- When is my MOT due?
- Will I get a hand book, service book and spare key?
- What is the Pre Delivery Fee (PDF)?
- What happens if there is an issue with my car after purchase?
- How long does a Cherished transfer take?
- When will I receive the paperwork for my Extended Guarantee?
- Do I need to do anything with my part exchange V5c?
Customer Care Questions
- When is my first service due?
- How much warranty is left on my vehicle?
- How long does it take for the V5 come back to me?
- My car has Locking Wheel Nuts. Where is my Locking Wheel Nut Key?
Motorpoint has thousands of cars in stock at any one time. These are a mix of new and nearly new cars. All of our new cars come with delivery miles whilst our nearly new cars are generally less than two years old and come with less than 15,000 miles and the remaining balance of the manufacturer's warranty.
Our network of expert buyers, combined with our ability to buy in bulk, enables Motorpoint to purchase cars at extremely competitive prices, savings which we pass on directly to our customers.
We go to great efforts to ensure we have the widest possible selection of cars available in the UK, with over 30 manufacturers featured at any one time. Our buyers work tirelessly so that we have every conceivable type of model in stock, ensuring you always get to drive the best cars at the best prices.
Motorpoint carries out an HPI Check on every vehicle prior to going on sale to ensure that a car has no outstanding finance, has not been reported stolen and has not been written off by an insurance company.
Unlike some dealerships, we are happy to accept all types of part-exchanges. Our staff use an in-house valuation system based on data from a cross-section of industry sources to value your car in seconds. The only information you will need to provide is your registration number and current mileage.
Every car at Motorpoint undergoes a comprehensive pre-delivery inspection prior to going on sale. They are also inspected again by our team of trained mechanics prior to collection.
Please bring your V5 registration document when part-exchanging a vehicle at Motorpoint. If you can’t find your V5, you will need to pay a refundable deposit of £250 to Motorpoint and then supply your V5 within 14 days of collection of your new vehicle.
If your V5 registration document/certificate (or the new keeper supplement) has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you will need to purchase a replacement from DVLA at a cost of £25. You can either complete a Vehicle Registration Certificate V5C Application Form (V62). The V62 Form is available from Post Office branches or can be downloaded by visiting this link.
If you have already registered as the vehicle keeper on the DVLA computer and there are no changes to your personal or vehicle details, you can apply for a duplicate by calling 0300 790 6802 using a debit/credit card for payment.
We require a deposit of £300 to secure any vehicle.
Due to recent changes in the way vehicles are taxed you will need to obtain your own tax. We will happily provide you with the facilities to do this when you collect your vehicle.
The Government charges a one-off fee of £55 for registering a new vehicle (where applicable).
If paying in full:
Acceptable methods of payment are as follows:-
- Debit Card
- Electronic Transfer to Barclays Bank, payable to Motorpoint Limited, quoting the Stock Number of the vehicle you are purchasing.
Please note that Cash, Personal Cheques, Bankers Drafts, Building Society Cheques or Credit Cards are not acceptable at the point of collection.
If you are financing your vehicle (Hire Purchase or Personal Contract Purchase):
- Driving licence
If you are part exchanging a vehicle:
- V5/Log Book
- Service history
- Spare Keys
At Motorpoint we understand that after collecting your new vehicle there may be questions you would like to ask us. That’s why we have a dedicated Customer Care team who are here to help with these questions, no matter how big or small. Just call our friendly and helpful staff on 01332 426 351 or email email@example.com. They are available to help Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm and Saturday 9am – 1pm.
We have teamed up with Aviva, one of the UK's largest insurers, to provide our customers with free five day drive away insurance. To find out whether you qualify for the cover follow the steps below and use the relevant code
- Go to instantdriveaway.co.uk and fill in your details
- If you are eligible in less than 5 minutes you'll be offered free temporary cover and an annual comprehensive quote from Aviva
- If you decide to go ahead with the annual policy, you and the partner dealer still receive a temporary cover note, ensuring you drive away protected
- Your drive away cover will be activated by the customer service team when you come to collect your new car
- Motorpoint Birmingham
- Motorpoint Burnley
- Motorpoint Birtley
- Motorpoint Castleford
- Motorpoint Chingford
- Motorpoint Derby
- Motorpoint Glasgow
- Motorpoint Newport
- Motorpoint Oldbury
- Motorpoint Peterborough
- Motorpoint Widnes
We offer test drives seven days a week on all vehicles on display. Simply ask a member of the team arrange one for you. Just remember to bring both parts of your driving licence along when you take the test drive for identification purposes.
All vehicles come with the balance of the manufacturers warranty where available. Customers also have the option to purchase an extended guarantee over either a one or two year period. The price includes all parts, labour & VAT for coversall mechanical and electrical issues
The seven day a week service enables customers to not only drive away in a new car but also agree a part-exchange value on their current car as well as arrange finance at the same time. You can drive away with your new car within a couple of hours. To take advantage of the facility customers will be required to bring both parts of their driving licence plus handbook, V5 and MOT certificate for part exchange.
To find out more information about the Motorpoint Same Day Driveaway service call 01332 227227
Your first MOT is due three years from the date of first registration.
This is vehicle/manufacturer dependant. This information can be found from within your service book or on the Service Interval Display from within the car.
Vehicles will be supplied with the balance of the manufacturers warranty. This is manufacturer dependant. Eg. Ford – 3yrs. Toyota – 5 yrs. Kia – 7 yrs etc.
Your V5 can take 4 – 6 weeks to be processed by the DVLA.
Motorpoint will ensure that you are supplied with a service book, handbook and spare key where applicable.
The PDF relates to the preparation of your car. This comprises of:
- Pre Delivery Inspection
- New set of number plates
- HPI – (copy supplied on collection)
- Service – if service is due within 3000 miles or 2 months
Motorpoint can take care of any Cherished Transfer or Retention requests on your behalf. This process normally takes two weeks to complete unless it’s a transaction that can be updated automatically online. Your sales person will advise you accordingly.
We will take a £250 deposit for the return of your part exchange V5C which you will receive from the DVLA upon completion of the transfer along with the V5C for your new vehicle. Please note that once the transfer is complete it is your responsibility to inform the DVLA you are no longer the keeper of any vehicles part exchanged with us. You do this by signing and sending off the yellow slip (section 9) of the V5C to the DVLA.
Motorpoint are happy to provide you with cherished number plates free of charge once your transfer is complete with the DVLA. This is a collection only service. Please call Customer Care on 01332 426351 who will be happy to assist you with this.
You may not need to pay a deposit when financing the cost of your new car from Motorpoint (subject to your proposal being accepted by one of our finance providers)
Just ask one of the Motorpoint sales team for a bespoke quotation, and if you are happy, they will complete the application with you - either onsite or over the telephone
You can settle your account at any time on both Hire Purchase (HP) and Personal Contract Purchase (PCP) agreements
If you miss a finance payment for whatever reason, we would recommend that you contact your finance provider immediately to discuss in more detail
The decision is normally instant once the proposal has been received by one of Motorpoint’s finance partners
We will require the following information at the point of application:
- Employment details
- Three years address history
- Bank account details
- Copy of driving licence